Animal Care Volunteer
****CLOSED AS OF JULY 2017****
PLEASE CHECK BACK IN FALL OF 2017 FOR ANIMAL CARE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES!
Animal Care Volunteer Description
Animal care volunteering is a unique opportunity to work with marine mammals. As a volunteer, you will assist in the treatment and care of seals, sea lions and cetaceans stranded due to injury or illness along Orange County beaches, and to help release healthy animals back to their natural habitat.
- Commitment of one year
- One 4-8 hour shift per week on a consistent day
- All our volunteers are encouraged to volunteer at our annual fundraising events
- Must be 21 years or older
- Ability to work well on a team
- Willingness to commit to PMMC on a weekly basis
- High levels of physical fitness and mental dedication
- Eagerness to work hard under difficult and stressful conditions
- Ability to tolerate unpleasant sights and smells