Filming & Photography
Thank you for considering Pacific Marine Mammal Center for your filming needs. All media, commercial and non-profit filming and photography request must go through our PR and development department.
Commercial & Non-profit Filming
In order for us to consider your request, please send us the following information to email@example.com . We will review your pitch and respond as soon as we can.
- Storyline/angle – please explain how your film relates to our mission
- Participants other than the Center (ex. other organizations, interviewees, etc.)
- Intended distribution outlet
- Projected viewership
- Onsite filming requirements – please include # of days/hours, # crew members, equipment, cars, cameras, etc
- Shooting deadline/timeframe
- Extent to which rights to the final product will be shared with PMMC
In order to film at PMMC you will be required to sign the Center’s location agreement and pay location fees. Photography and filming requests require extra staff time and interrupt routine operations. Fees are charged to offset these costs to our small staff. We look forward to hearing more about your project.
Media & Film Etiquette
- Patients needs and the safety of staff, volunteers, and visitors come first.
- Media and all personnel will be escorted for any behind the scenes footage and access.
- Animals will not be manipulated for media or film purpose.
- Advance notice is requested for all media & filming. Unannounced visits may not be guaranteed.
- PMMC guidelines for all crews and personnel must be followed or we reserves the right to cancel any projects on the best interest interest of the animals, staff and volunteers.
- We apologize not all requests may be accommodated.
- If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us.
Photography, Images and B-Roll
While recording and photography devices are allowed, no professional grade cameras, lenses, boom mics, lighting, etc. will be allowed without permission.
For inquires about images or b-roll please contact the development department and we will do our best to accomodate your request.