Marine Mammal Rescue, Rehabilitation, and Release
Our most popular field trip! Get an introduction to the Pacific Marine Mammal Center. Learn how we rescue marine mammals and nurse them back to health in order to give them a second chance at life.
Multimedia presentation includes:
· Common patients at PMMC
· How and why we rescue the animals
· What it takes to get them healthy again
· When and how we release them back to their ocean home
· Threats to marine mammals and ways to be good environmental stewards
· Questions and answers
· LS 1.A – Structure and Function
· LS 1.D – Information Processing
· ESS 3.C – Human Impacts on Earth Systems
Rescue, rehabilitation, release, medical, hydration, conservation, human impact, organic, biodegradable
Connection Technology (*For Distance Learning):
We use Zoom to connect with participants. The education department will send you a link with instructions on how to connect with us for the test call as well as the presentation on the day of your program. In order to insure your presentation goes smoothly, a five-minute test call must be conducted one week prior to the presentation. Test calls are scheduled Monday through Friday between 10 am to 4 pm PST.